Thursday, May 28, 2009

Countdown to Disney


So we've got almost exactly a week (7 days to be precise) until we leave for Disney. I've had so much anxiety about this trip - thinking that it's going to be a rough drive....it's going to be superhot and I'm really not going to enjoy myself...those kinds of thoughts.


Hubby last night made a comment though that's made me think maybe I'm really going about this all the wrong way. He said "Next week we're getting in a car and driving to FL. We may be stuck in traffic or bad weather or whatever, but I'm going to be so thankful that we're together and we're not working". It's so true.


We really need to treasure the time we have together as a family. Every day we run from place to place, rarely taking time to enjoy each other. My daughter who was a preemie and only 3 lbs when she left the hospital, is turning 12 this summer. Twelve!!! It's just crazy how we lose snippets and chunks of time.


Before you know it she'll be graduating and moving away to college. No matter how much I want her to stay my little girl, it's not going to happen. She's going to grow up and I've got to stop focusing so much on the world spinning around me and focus on her and my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment