Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday starts with T

So this weekend I didn't manage to get half the stuff done on my list! AND I gained back 1.4 lbs!!! Uggh!!! I'm praying it's mostly water weight - it was hot this weekend, but yesterday's picnic was more than I could handle.

Friday we did see Star Trek - AWESOME! Loved it. Then we took the kids and went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. I only had two pieces of the bread (small, torn bits) and only ate half my Eggplant Parmesan. No dessert.

Saturday we took the bikes out for the first time - wow, I'm out of shape. Granted, I had no idea how to change gears and I probably was doing a lot more work pedaling than I needed to, but I was exhausted after a small trip around the neighborhood...

Next I went into the house and started working on the upstairs attics, sorting out bins, putting aside clothes too small for the kids (or stuff I just don't want anymore) and bringing down the summer stuff. It was ungodly hot upstairs so I was glad when it was time to take a shower and get going for the first picnic.

At the picnic at my S & BIL's house I was careful not to eat too many chips, I stayed away from the hot dogs and ribs and just had a small sliver of cheesecake for dessert. I played lacross with hubby and tried to not sit too much. It worked.

Sunday was church (coffee for breakfast) and then back over to the IL's house for leftovers. Again, I watched what I ate but I may have had just a few too many chips. Only a sliver of dessert for me!

Sunday day was lazier, it was hot and no one really wanted to be outside but the kids. We chatted all afternoon and then before I knew it the time had come to go back to church. Luckily I was in the nursery, so I played and walked little babies around until time to go. I didn't eat a thing after our lunch that day which was good too.

Monday - Memorial day - the day we give thanks to those who've kept us free over the years. I love these types of days, it's just too bad that most people don't remember what the holiday's really about - they just want to BBQ and enjoy the day off.

In the morning hubby and I do another bike ride. I'm a little better this time since he adjusted my seat a bit and I guess it helped. I still don't know how to manipulate the gears but get a lot further than before before I'm totally wiped out. After an ice coffee (splenda & milk) and a WW English muffin (my typical breakfast), I've got to go.

I'm getting so close to my trip I really need to buy some things - my SIL had suggested we go to the Outlet mall together to shop around 10am. I had really wanted to enjoy some more time with my family, but hey, shopping's always good too. We hit a thrift store first and then JC Penney Outlet and Skechers. I buy a couple outfits for K and find her three bathing suits (in plus size) for $4.99 at JCP. At Skechers I buy the kids the Cali gear shoes for all the water parks, etc. We've got to go and I didn't have time to look for a backpack or any tops for me.

I drop her off and stop off at a couple stores to buy what's needed for the pasta salad I'm bringing to my girlfriend's house for her picnic. I'm not sure how many people will be there so I just decide to bring a supersize salad.

My pasta salad - 2 lbs garden rotini, 1 bottle light Italian, 1 pkg Good Seasons Italian dressing (dry), 1/2 cup light olive oil, broccoli, cauliflower, black olives, shredded carrot, chopped tomato, parmesan cheese and small cubes of light (white) sharp cheddar. Delish!

I also bring along some stuff to make strawberry shortcakes. Just in case what she's got is overly fattening...

My girlfriend's house is absolutely huge - probably literally three times the size of mine. It's decorated to make you feel cozy and right at home - her personality clearly filtering into her decoration style. Her two story deck overlooking the beautiful back lawn is a dream and we spend the afternoon there. Unfortunately for me, it's hot again and it's much nicer to relax in the comfy patio deck chairs than to go down to the lawn by myself.

We have a great time chatting, it's been so long since we've gotten together - at least three years. Out comes the appetizers....yikes....spinach dip - how will I ever defeat the beloved spinach dip??? I don't. After about 10 or so pieces of delicious sesame bagel pieces slathered in spinach dip I stop. Probably about 10 pieces too many. I fare much better during the meal, only eating a burger (no cheese) and a tiny bit of pasta salad and fruit salad. My downfall worsened with the arrival of the deviled eggs...I now know why they call them "the devil's eggs".

Dessert was baked chocolate chip brownies and a large chocolate chip cookie with whip cream and fruit designed to be patriotic. How could I not taste them??? I graciously just asked for "slivers" but alas she gave me what I'd deem as full portions. I tried to behave, leaving half my chocolate chip on my plate...but the damage was done.

After a night of a bloated, uncomfortable stomach ache and restless sleep I step on the scale (and I had to force myself to do it!) and I'm up 1.4 lbs since Saturday morning. Why????? Uggh!!!!

I've got two days to fix it, I CAN DO IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment