Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Rants and Ramblings...

I feel like it was just yesterday when I blogged about what I was doing last weekend! LOL Boy, it sure does go fast, doesn't it?

This weekend's gearing up to be busy too, but in a good way hopefully.

Today I've got lunch with hubby, Avon deliveries to make and a visit to my local podiatrist for the plantar fasciitis - I've got to get this problem resolved and hopefully get a cortizone shot before I end up limping at Disney next week.Then I've got to get home and perform a minor miracle at home and clean it up because we're having people over tonight for a Bible study - BTW, did you hear about this?

For a minute there I thought there was a mistake? How can they fine people for holding a bible study? I mean, wasn't this country founded on the freedom of religion?? Isn't it enough that we've already taken the Bible out of public schools, removed prayer from almost everything and our country is becoming morally bankrupt? Now, you're going to try to fine people for holding bible studies??? I'm just shocked. My girlfriend from Ukraine told me about being persecuted (she's younger than me too) for being a Christian when she was growing up there. Anymore, you feel we're going in that direction here in the U.S.

I know I'm going off on a soapbox here, but I'm just really appalled over the whole thing. I can't even watch regular television anymore because of the profanity and sexual under/overtones of most shows (let alone let the kids watch it), and they blare this trash out to the entire public....but now you're telling me we can't have some friends over and discuss the Bible???

Our country really needs some prayer right now - especially for those in office.


No comments:

Post a Comment