Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dinner & a Movie (or in my case a book)


Here's Monday night's dinner -

Easy Homemade chicken pot pie...

Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix first five ingredients

1 1/2 cups chopped chicken (I use leftover rotisserie)

2 cans mixed vegetables, drained (you can use frozen but you'll have to nuke a few min 1st)

1 can green beans, drained (I love these, you can use an extra can of whatever your fave is)

1 can low fat low sodium cream of mushroom soup

1/4 cup 1% milk

(season this mix to your taste - I use Nature's Seasonings)

Prepare bottom of Pie crust - Spray or brush w/olive oil, salt & pepper, poke bottoms w/fork) then prebake for 5 min

Place mix in prebaked crust, place top crust on top, fork edges to make neat, spray (or brush) w/olive oil, and bake 30 minutes or until your top crust is golden brown.
Serve with a delicious side salad and enjoy!
The book of the day/night was "Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind". I read this last night for about an hour and I'm half way through...

3 comments:

  1. great recipe
    pinkqueen- blog swap- swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine!
    Yummo that chicken pie looks scrummy!!
    Yep...as a mother of 6 kids we have our fair share of 'comedy of error' days although I did get a laugh out of yours...sorry...LOL
    I've also been wanting to join a view outside your window swap but I really thing I have the most boring view in the entire world...LOL
    Thanks for a great read.
    Take Care
    Sharryn - blog swap
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I think I shall make this soon! Only once I get through the stash of meals in my fridge though!

    via swap-bot ;-)

    ReplyDelete