Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring Cleaning Woes

Ok, so I've got the kitchen mostly done. I've cleaned out both refridgerators (we've a small one for drinks) and cleaned the inside and the outside of the windows and the walls and the door frames, cabinets, baseboards, and the sills....I cleaned out the medicine cabinet (in the kitchen because it's not good to keep medicines in humid bathrooms), cleaned out three junk drawers and replaced the rug and dish towels...I've started on the living room - cleaned the stair bannister, dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the picture frames...why don't I feel happy about this?? I can't imagine the 50's woman was happy about cleaning. Maybe happier than I am because she got to stay home and do it full time, so it probably wasn't as much of a task.

Working and being a mother and a homemaker is tough. It's so many jobs thrown together with so limited time to get things completed. When will I have time to start cleaning out the kids rooms and give away (or yard sale) all the toys that are still lurking about from when they were 4? When will I have time to pull down all the summer clothes and put away the winter?? It's such a daunting task, this Spring Cleaning...





No comments:

Post a Comment